Re: SSD SATA 3.3 and Broadcom / LSI SAS1068E PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS

Sathya Prakash Veerichetty wrote:

Thank you for responding

> This has nothing to do with the driver and would require analysis from
> the controller hardware/firmware perspective.  The 1068 chip is pretty
> old and out of support and it will be difficult to get any analysis

Well, this is unfortunate. Even if I enable debugging in the kernel (BTW I
forgot to mention I use 4.19.288) nothing will be useful?

> done on that.  If you want to upgrade, the latest 12G SAS-NVMe Tri
> Mode controllers are better from a long term support perspective.
> https://www.broadcom.com/products/storage/host-bus-adapters.

Well, I was considering to upgrade, but the investment is not worth it - I
calculated > €1000,- for controllers and NVMe disks. If I were to do
something like this, I would replace the whole machine as this one is
pretty old. The advantage with it is that it consumes around 80-90Watts in
total and newer once usually burn up more because of the CPUs.

What I would rather do is to plug in those SSDs directly to the mobo and use
the WD Red with 5800RPM in the bays.

Still, if you have any idea on how I can try debuggin it, please let me
know. I compiled the 4.19.288 with loggin enabled, but I am not sure this
is what I need.

        --- Fusion MPT device support
        <M>   Fusion MPT ScsiHost drivers for SPI
        <M>   Fusion MPT ScsiHost drivers for FC
        <*>   Fusion MPT ScsiHost drivers for SAS
        (128) Maximum number of scatter gather entries (16 - 128)
        <M>   Fusion MPT misc device (ioctl) driver
        [*]   Fusion MPT logging facility

I am attaching the full config below. If it is not asked too much, please
have a look and let me know if I missed something.
I will look forward to test it in Sept. when I have access to the server.

Thank you in advance
--
FCD6 3719 0FFB F1BF 38EA 4727 5348 5F1F DCFE BCB0