Re: (SPDM) Device attestation, secure channels from host to device etc: Discuss at Plumbers?

On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 11:21:24AM +0100, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Jun 2022 07:22:01 -0700 Ira Weiny <ira.weiny@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 09, 2022 at 12:47:02PM +0100, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> > > I'll start by saying I haven't moved forward much with the
> > > SPDM/CMA over Data Object Exchange proposal from the PoC that led to
> > > presenting it last year as part of the PCI etc uconf last year.
> > > https://lpc.events/event/11/contributions/1089/
> > > https://lore.kernel.org/all/20220303135905.10420-1-Jonathan.Cameron@xxxxxxxxxx/
> > > I'm continuing to carry the QEMU emulation but not posted for a while
> > > as we are slowly working through a backlog of CXL stuff to merge.

So the SDPM series you posted in March is the latest version?

If you lack bandwidth to carry on with it, I would pick up the baton
and rework that version based on the review feedback I've posted.
(Unless someone else is eager to do that.)

> > Yes, while this could work as part of the CXL uconf it is probably a more
> > general topic.
>
> Maybe steal time from PCI given CXL uconf is going to be busy!
> (lets see if any of the PCI folk are reading this thread.. :)
>
> At the moment I'm not seeing enough interest to put in a proposal for
> anything 'officially scheduled', but there is a bit more time until
> the deadline so let's see if we get any other interest in that time.

How about a BoF session to discuss the status quo and any open issues?

(I'm not involved with CXL, hence probably belong to "PCI folk".)

> > I [...] was hoping to go in person but I'm unsure of travel budgets.
> > I will likely be virtual if I can't attend in person.

Same.

Thanks,

Lukas