Re: Question about deadlock between AER and pceihp interrupts during resume from S3 with unplugged device

On 2022-02-10 16:37, Lukas Wunner wrote:
On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 03:47:10PM -0500, Andrey Grodzovsky wrote:
So the patches indeed helped resolving the deadlock but when we try
again to hotplug back there is a link status failure

pcieport 0000:00:01.1: pciehp: Slot(0): Card present
pcieport 0000:00:01.1: Data Link Layer Link Active not set in 1000 msec
pcieport 0000:00:01.1: pciehp: Failed to check link status

and more detailed  bellow,
we are trying to debug but again, you might have a quick insight

Well, the link doesn't come up.  Is the Link Disable bit in the
Link Control Register set for some reason?  Perhaps some ACPI method
fiddled with it?

Compare the output of lspci -vv before and after the system sleep
transition, do you see anything suspicious?

If you reset the slot via sysfs, does the link come back up?

You may want to open a bug over at bugzilla.kernel.org and attach
the full dmesg output which didn't reach the list, as well as lspci
output.

We will follow on all your advises and update you

Did you apply only my deadlock fix or also Kai-Heng Feng's AER disablement
patch?

Yes we did.

Andrey

Thanks,