Re: PCI BAR address mismatch between kernel and module?

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 11:40:10AM -0700, Nathan Anderson wrote:
> I need to build a working set of kernel modules (drivers for a PCI-bus disk
> controller) for an embedded system I'm using that is built atop Linux, and
> for which I don't have the .config for.  The idea is that I will replace
> the initramfs archive with one that has the modules + a stripped-down
> busybox, and write a shell script to load the modules before passing
> control off to the original initramfs's 'init' (a binary) via exec.
> Building a new kernel from scratch for this system is, sadly, not an
> option, and the .config is unobtainable (I checked: CONFIG_IKCONFIG was not
> enabled for the build of this specific kernel).  I'm sure the task is
> hopeless/not recommended/frowned upon, but that hasn't deterred me...yet.

It might be CONFIG_PCIEASPM as that might change the offset of
resource[0].  But it's probably a patch they've applied, so you're going
to need to get their source code.

--
Matthew Wilcox				Intel Open Source Technology Centre
a retrograde step."