Re: How long should be PCIe card in Warm Reset state?

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021, Pali Rohár wrote:

> >  If I were to implement this stuff, for good measure I'd give it a safety
> > margin beyond what the spec requires and use a timeout of say 2-4s while
> > actively querying the status of the device.  The values given in the spec
> > are only the minimum requirements.
>
> Are you able to also figure out what is the minimal timeout value for
> PCIe Warm Reset?
>
> Because we are having troubles to "decode" correct minimal timeout value
> for this PCIe Warm Reset (not Function-level reset).

 The spec does not give any exceptions AFAICT as to the timeouts required
between the three kinds of a Conventional Reset (Hot, Warm, or Cold) and
refers to them collectively as a Conventional Reset across the relevant
parts of the document, so clearly the same rules apply.

  Maciej