Re: [BUG] Intel DP43BF MB - No PCI Devices detected

On Tuesday, August 31, 2010 03:21:05 pm Brian C. Huffman wrote:
> I have an Intel DP43BF motherboard with 4 PCI slots, 2 PCIe x1 and 1 PCIe x16 slots.  With 2.6.36-rc2-git5 (as well as stable 2.6.34 and .35), the kernel doesn't see my conventional PCI devices.  They can be seen with dmidecode but do not show up with lspci.  I've tried pci=noacpi, pci=use_crs and while it takes the options, it doesn't change the visibility of the devices.
>
> These same devices (a PVR250,Maudio Delta DiO, and Fusion HD DVB card) previously worked with another motherboard.
>
> Here's the lspci:
> 00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev 90)
> ...and dmidecode:
> [snip]
> Handle 0x0036, DMI type 9, 17 bytes
> System Slot Information
>     Designation: PCI Slot
>     Type: 32-bit PCI
>     Current Usage: In Use
>     Length: Short
>     ID: 3
>     Characteristics:
>         3.3 V is provided
>         Opening is shared
>         PME signal is supported
>     Bus Address: 0000:00:1e.0
> Is there anything else I should include to help troubleshoot?

It looks like your PCI devices should be on the bus behind the
bridge at 1e.0.  Can you collect a dmesg log?  That will have
information about the PCI probe process.

Are the PCI cards electrically compatible with the slots?  Are
there any BIOS options related to the conventional PCI bridge
or enabling/disabling those slots?  They're not hot-plug slots
with open latches?  Have you ever seen any card work in those
slots, with any kernel?

Bjorn