PCI device scanning failure

Hello,

I have a device connected to the Rootcomplex.( RC ).
This is theonly a single function  End Point device attached.

while booting, Subsystem is trying to scan my Rootcomplex for possible
attached devices,in the function " pci_scan_child_bus " ,
its trying to scan the devices beyond the RC bridge ( pci_scan_bridge ).

Here its going in a recursive loop and trying to acccess memory ( in
read_config method ) beyond the mapped range, resulting in abort.

Also while scanning its updated bus numbers ( different values ) in
the RC config registers itself.

I'm mapping enough memory to be used for PCI.

my questions,

1. how much memory should i allocate ( is it required to allocated
enough memory to scan whole device limit range)
2. For how many buses/devices pci_scan_child_bus is recursive

Thanks,
Raghav