Re: Order of PCI ID's

* Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 09:57:45AM -0800, Gary Hade wrote:
> >
> > Andreas, Would the physical slot number to PCI ID mapping
> > provided in /sys/bus/pci/slots by the 'pci_slot' driver possibly
> > be of any use to you?
>
> That mapping should be already there if it is provided by the BIOS.

Where? Somewhere else in sysfs?

/sys/bus/pci/slots/ only gets populated when a hotplug driver or
pci_slot are loaded.

And if those slots aren't hotplug capable, then that directory
won't get populated.

Finally, if the slots aren't described by ACPI, that directory
also won't get populated.

If it's a relatively modern board, maybe they implement some of
the new SMBIOS fields that associate PCI bus:devfn to physical
slots... What does dmidecode say?

> Also, Andreas, I see a symlink for all v4l devices already created in a
> persistant manner on the more recent udev releases.  So you could just
> use that instead of the "raw" device node, and all should be good.

otoh, this solution sounds a little better. :)

/ac