endpoint and root complex PCIe Linux driver

Hi all,

I am quite newbie about PCIe and Linux Kernel development
I have to write a driver for a PCIe chip that can act either as
EndPoint or Root Complex device
The chip is on a board with an ARM processor and Linux 2.6

I have understood that for a PCIe endpoint the driver model to be used
is the normal PCI driver model that uses pci_register_driver() API and
pci_driver struct for example as described in
linux/Documentation/PCI/pci.txt. A possible example of such type of
driver is the e1000e driver in linux/drivers/net
is it correct ?

My doubts are related to drivers for a Root Complex device. In this
case I have understood that the model described in
linux/Documentation/PCI/PCIEBUS-HOWTO.txt is to be used and service
drivers for the 4 services (AER, HP, PME, VC) are to be written if
needed. But is providing only service drivers enough to completely
manage a Root Complex device or something else is needed ? Is there a
Root Complex driver that anyone can use as example ?

sorry for my poor english and thank you very much in advance. Any
advice is welcome

Stefano