Linux foundation PCI vendor ID?

Hi,

We're working on the upcoming OLPC XO hardware refresh (XO-1.5). We have
a new sound chip onboard, it's HDA. The way HDA drivers normally work is
that they look at the PCI subvendor/subproduct IDs in order to determine
the exact laptop model being run, and then apply suitable sound codec
settings.

It would be nice if we could do the same, however OLPC doesn't have a
PCI vendor ID and the expense does not seem justified. Is it true that
the Linux Foundation has a PCI vendor ID that can be used for Linux
projects? Would we be eligible to receive a single device ID assignment
for this purpose?

Thanks,
Daniel