Re: Add qword support to pciutils

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 16:28, Matthew Wilcox<matthew@xxxxxx> wrote:
> OK, you're not trying to set it atomically then.  Because that wouldn't
> work -- the kernel only knows how to do atomic 32-bit accesses to config
> space (and for some config methods, you can't do 64-bit accesses).
> It would be a fairly big effort to make a 64-bit access atomic.

I don't really care about that. I just want to be able to look at and
decode the values more easily.

Speaking of pie in the sky, it would also be nice if I could tell it
to spit out a string of binary bits instead of hex sometimes. It would
be even better if I could only spit out certain bits as binary or hex.

For example, let's say I want something like bits 23 through 29 of the
quad word @ 0x40.
# setpci binary(40.Q[32:23])
0x40[29:23]: 0011 0101 10

Or let's say I wanted the same thing in hex:
# setpci hex(40.Q[32:23])
0x40[29:23]: 0xD6

wt