Re: JMicron SATA controller not available - bisected

On 05/26/2009 11:27 PM, Yu Zhao wrote:
The problem may be caused by an one-line cleanup code in
drivers/pci/probe.c:

pci_read_config_dword(dev, PCI_CLASS_REVISION, &class);
dev->revision = class & 0xff;
class >>= 8; /* upper 3 bytes */
dev->class = class;
class >>= 8;
/* Early fixups, before probing the BARs */
pci_fixup_device(pci_fixup_early, dev);
- class = dev->class >> 8;

I was thinking the last line is redundant and removed it in that commit,
but apparently the dev->class is changed after the fixup.

Can you please put the line back and try the device again? I'll post a
fix if it works.

Thanks,
Yu

Hi,

Just gave that a try and adding that line does indeed fix the problem - no errors and the controller and DVD are properly detected.

Thanks,
Marc