Re: Migrating parisc.wiki.kernel.org to RTD

Hi Konstantin,

On 10/15/24 18:32, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
I have not used RTD yet, so maybe someone here on the mailing list
has some knowledge and want to help?

I'm happy to guide you along. I've added a readthedocs.yml and
requirements.txt files to the repo:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/docs/docsko/parisc.git

You can clone it and then push to your github or gitlab repo. After that,
generating a readthedocs build is very easy:

https://docs.readthedocs.io/en/stable/tutorial/index.html

If you follow that, you should be able to get a build of the repository in
20-30 minutes. After that, you can even edit the documents directly on github
and have them automatically rendered.

Once you have it working on the readthedocs site, I can help you configure a
docs.kernel.org domain

Ok so far.
https://readthedocs.org/projects/parisc/
https://parisc.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
source from here:
https://github.com/hdeller/parisc-website.git

and set the redirects from the old wiki.

Before setting up redirects, can you help me with this error:

deller@carbonx1:/home/cvs/LINUX/parisc-website$ make html
Running Sphinx v8.1.3
Extension error:
Could not import extension sphinxcontrib.applehelp (exception: cannot import name 'SkipProgressMessage' from 'sphinx.util' (/home/deller/.local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/sphinx/util/__init__.py))
make: *** [Makefile:20: html] Error 2

Helge