Re: Compressed kernels currently won't boot

On 31.07.19 21:44, Sven Schnelle wrote:
Hi James,

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 12:40:12PM -0700, James Bottomley wrote:

What about causing the compressed make to build both a stripped and a
non-stripped bzImage (say sbzImage and bzImage).  That way you always
have the stripped one available for small size things like boot from
tape or DVD?  but in the usual case we use the bzImage with full
contents.

In that case we would also need to build two lifimages - how about adding
a config option option? Something like "Strip debug information from compressed
kernel images"?

I agree, two lifimages don't make sense. Only one vmlinuz gets installed.
Instead of the config option, I tink my latest patch is better.

Helge