Re: HPPA problems with the PCI

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 6:44 AM Carlo Pisani <carlojpisani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> maybe irrelevant, but I have just noticed this line in the dmesg
> (kernel 4.16, running on C3600)
>
> "runtime IRQ mapping not provided by arch"
>
> drivers/pci/setup-irq.c:                pci_dbg(dev, "runtime IRQ
> mapping not provided by arch\n");
>
> It's not exactly clear to me, googling I have found this
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9775659
>
> what do you think?

Red Herring (ie not a problem).

AFAIK, parisc never used firmware to route IRQ lines. For starters,
the CPUs never had an IRQ input and always used messages (equivalent
to MMIO writes) directed at a CPUs EIEM register.

IIRC, the PCI Host bus controller to route IRQ lines to slots in a
specific pattern which is hard coded in the PCI host controller
driver.  See dino (?) and elroy PCI host controller drivers.

cheers,
grant