Re: C3600, sata controller

> > The issue is probably the signaling voltage and clock rate capability.

well, I have just checked again, the Italian Wikipedia and the English
Wikipedia do not report the same things about the PCI_X

X___X

in short, the Italian Wikipedia says PCI64 = PCI_X, just PCI64 is clocked slower
while the English Wikipedia says PCI64 != PCI_X, but it doesn't explain why

And the https://www.openpa.net/bus.html#pci doc is even more confusing
in the table about the PCI buses used in PA-RISC computers overview:
why things are named differently?!?

What makes me perplex is: the PCI-X is physically a 3.3 V PCI slot
with/out a voltage level shifter.
So levels should be compatible, but so what is the difference between
64-bit PCI slot and PCI-X slot?

In my head, there shouldn't be any significant physical differences
between the slots. The newer PCI cards - 3.3V will fit and work in a
PCI-X slot, and PCI-X cards will fit in an older PCI slot as long as
the voltage - 3.3V - matches, and they should do!

Now, I am even more perplex: need to check the PCI-64 and PCI-X specs,
and compare them.