Re: C3600, sata controller

> The issue is probably the signalling voltage and clock rate capability.

PCI_X means 64bit, no matter voltage of anything.
You can have PCI_X at 33Mhz, 66Mhz, 100Mhz
You can have PCI_X at 5V, or PCI_X at 3.3V

> TTL logic, it is likely that 3.3V CMOS logic can't provide the high level for 5V TTL logic.

inputs are 5V tolerant, outputs are already ok about their levels

> I suspect the only slot that might work with a PCI-X card is the 3.3V SL2.

the SIL24 PCI_X card has been already checked in that slot, and it
fails in the same way as it fails when it's plugged in one of the 5V
slots

> However, if you see I/O errors in the PIM dump following an HPMC, then it's not compatible.

if things were that way, it wouldn't be a random failure, but rather
an immediate failure

to me, it looks more like a timing error, or something bad with DMA 64bit

it's like to force the card to be "DMA32bit" only, just to check it