Re: googletest's test suite triggers "Data TLB miss fault"

On 2018-03-22 12:27 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 9:02 AM, John David Anglin <dave.anglin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2018-03-22 2:46 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
In case anyone is looking for ways of reproducing cache errors... the
test suite in googletest [1] reliably triggers the following:

do_page_fault() command='gtest_break_on_' type=15 address=0x00000000
in libgtest.so[f8493000+57000]
trap #15: Data TLB miss fault
Why do you think this is a cache problem?
Only because I saw a lot more of these when the kernel was much more
unstable on my C8000, and the fixes that made the difference were your
recent TLB flushing changes.
Okay, I see the testsuite hasn't been run in recent Debian builds. I'll try the testsuite
and see what happens.

I looked at the Gentoo build script.  It's probably not easy to duplicate the build exactly
on Debian given library differences, etc.

As a starting point in debugging these issues, there should be a register dump for the events in kern.log or syslog.  It should be possible to get a backtrace and a disassembly around the
exception using gdb.  Of course, this is difficult for random events.

Dave

--
John David Anglin  dave.anglin@xxxxxxxx