C3600, kernel-4.16.2-64bit is stable

hi
I believe kernel 4.15.* was unstable due to a cache bug
I did a git checkout for kernel 4.16 and

1) it's *A LOT* faster than 4.15,
    in fact recompiling the (same conf) kernel took just 4hours
    against 14 hours spend with v4.15 for the same task
2) it's stable on heavy I/O, even with 90% CPU utilization
3) it's stable both on softfail, hardfail

tests have been performed for more than 96hours (some are still
running since I am compiling a lot of stuff)

I wanted to prepare a patch[1] to add the softfail enable/disable via menuconfig

here[2] you can also download the kernel, its configure, modules, etc

the main changes between 4.15 and 4.16 (from the git repo) seem
related to arch/parisc/kernel/cache.c, maybe the *diff* file can be
useful to prepare a patch

ok, I am waiting for new SATA and SAS controllers, for the PCI-X, as
well as a couple of InfiniBand 4X (PCI-X, 3.3V)

I will test them as soon as possible

cheers

[1] http://93.55.217.0/wonderland/chunk_of/user/ivelegacy/hppa-dev/c3600/kernel/kernel-4.16.0-c3600-64bit/hppa2-0001-add-pci-softfail.patch

[2] http://93.55.217.0/wonderland/chunk_of/user/ivelegacy/hppa-dev/c3600/kernel/kernel-4.16.0-c3600-64bit/kernel-4.16.2-64bit-c3600-softfail.config