Re: PCI resource problem on C360

On Fri, Aug 04, 2017 at 12:45:31AM +0200, Helge Deller wrote:
> I had lots of such problems when I tried various VGA and other
> PCI cards in my c3000.

I know, but the get a MACH64 card up to sync in a B2600, with a small
change in aty driver. And the change is because Astro/Elroy behave incorrect
in respect to PCI standards, IMHO. It looks like it colapses multiple PCI
mem accesses into one access.

        aty_st_8(CLOCK_CNTL_ADDR, ((offset << 2) & PLL_ADDR) | PLL_WR_EN, par);
        /* write the register value */
        aty_st_8(CLOCK_CNTL_DATA, val & PLL_DATA, par);
        aty_st_8(CLOCK_CNTL_ADDR, ((offset << 2) & PLL_ADDR) & ~PLL_WR_EN, par);

B2600 HPMCs in this code sequence, probably because the two accesses
to CNTL_ADDR end up in just the last access. Placing in aty_ld_8 after
the first aty_st_8 avoids the problem. In a B180 everything is fine,
so Dino doesn't do that. Next testbed is the C360, which shows the PCI
resourec issue before it even comes to aty drvier.

> I think HP designed many of the PCI slots for special usage only,
> e.g. some slots allow PCI graphic cards while others don't.
>
> Maybe plug your cards one-by-one into another slot and check again?

will do that, but what looks strange to me is the fact that ethernet and
scsi also don't get all resources assigned. This happened without the VGA
card plugged in, too.

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessarily a
good idea.                                                [ RFC1925, 2.3 ]