Re: mmap problem in localedef

On 2016-12-05, at 4:17 PM, John David Anglin wrote:

> I'll post the current Debian patch set for hppa tonight and maybe we can consolidate.

I believe the two hppa specific patches that gentoo has are now installed upstream.

Here is current debian patch set for 2.24.  I believe cvs-atomic-machine.diff  has been applied.  The 'submitted-*'
patches have been submitted but not yet applied upstream.

There is one small bit of the _STACK_GROWS_UP patch that wasn't installed upstream.  It fixes a
testsuite regression.

The submitted-gmon-start.diff patch removes __gmon_start__ from shared libraries.  It presence breaks
--as-needed handling in the linker.  However, it's removal is a bit tricky and can result in broken packages
needing rebuilding.  This can be bad if the package happens to be the compiler or other crucial package.
Essentially everything has been rebuilt on debian.

We still have a change to SHMLBA which affects non standard page sizes.

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@xxxxxxxx