Re: PCI video card hangs during system boot

On 2016-04-14 11:54 AM, Simone Mannori wrote:
Very interesting and useful info, but they don't help us to fix the basic issue.

We have several AGP cards able to work correctly BUT in passive frame
buffer only mode, therefore the c8000, a quite fast quad core
workstation , with X11, looks like a bradypus instead that a
velociraptor.

This is the moment to recompile a custom kernel with some printk.

I tried this a year or so ago. I pretty much convinced myself that the firmware loaded correctly, and that read and write operations seemed to work. However, I wasn't able to find why the the ring buffer test failed. I also checked that the firmware was identical
to that used on hpux.

There is an ATI document somewhere on the register interface.

I understand your frustration.

Dave

--
John David Anglin  dave.anglin@xxxxxxxx