Re: struct sigaction sa_restorer field

On Mon 21 Jul 2014 10:25:46 Helge Deller wrote:
> > The sa_restorer field is obsolete and not in the hppa struct
> > sigaction, but we still define SA_RESTORER.  What should be done?
>
> Basically to not break userspace we can't (and shouldn't) add the
> sa_restorer struct member. So, the only option would be to drop the
> SA_RESTORER #define, right? But I have no idea how and if this will break
> some builds, since the major arches seem to define SA_RESTORER...

would be nice to drop.  i had to update strace to undef it for hppa since the
field didn't actually exist -- it uses the define to see whether the field
should be decoded (which is why strace decoding of this syscall hasn't worked
in the past on parisc).  not all arches define it, so i think there's already
cover for code needing to check for its existence.
-mike