Re: [C8000] serial console drops input

On 25-Jan-14, at 3:20 AM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:

Am Samstag, 25. Januar 2014, 05:41:44 schrieben Sie:
In recent kernels, with the new serial console code for the C8000,
performance is terrible. Typing quickly results in characters getting
dropped (I have no idea where I lose them), pasting results in 9 out of
10 characters being dropped, and I don't see anything on the client
side that could cause this, and I never had this problem with the old
ttyB0 code. While entering a password, some characters never turn up on
the other side and some get echoed back to the client.

Is anyone else seeing this?

What I see is that the C3600 now finally sees the kernel/console output of the C8000, I also see the login prompt, but typing anything on the C3600 doesn't seem to make it to the C8k. So things have improved, I now can actually see

Is XON/XOFF enabled in your terminal program? See c8000 Technical Reference
Guide for setup requirements

I'm using standard PC null modem cable from c3750 to c8000 and minicom 2.7. It works
fine but it's fairly slow.

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@xxxxxxxx