Re: Aw: Re: parisc-linux.org losing hw hosting after this month

On 11/5/2013 5:51 AM, Helge Deller wrote:
Is there any possibility that HP might continue to host parisc-linux.org
on some other subnet/machine?
I've asked before if they had other systems/VMs they could host it on
and the answer was no. I'll ask again to make sure that hasn't changed
for some reason, but I'd recommend looking for other options in the
meantime. Perhaps osuosl.org?
I would really prefer if it could go to some place where we e.g. could
use it as build/hosting server (e.g. osuosl.org). If that's not possible
I would be happy to get it privately for development, since a A500 is something
which I don't have yet, and which is not that easy to get here in germany.

osuosl.org might well be a good alternative. Helge, would you fill in application?

If osuosl doesn't work out, I would support Helge receiving the machine. I have an A500.

Regarding the website and wiki, there may be ways to handle that as the bandwidth requirements
aren't large.

Regarding the unstable archive, Helge and I were recently given accounts on debian-ports and now can do package uploads. I upload the first yesterday. We need an unstable archive from which it's possible to debootstrap to help with this migration. Will have to look at setting this up locally.

Dave

--
John David Anglin    dave.anglin@xxxxxxxx