Re: Short notice: ipmi_si kills C8000

I did "modprobe ipmi_si" on my C8000 (kernel 3.11.6), which immediately broke the machine. I have no backtrace yet, but I'll try to get one next
week. In case someone has such a machine and the mood to debug this
already… ;)

Ok, I now have IPMI monitoring on the C8000 working smoothly. Thanks for the
work on this.

While testing I installed by mistake the nagios IPMI check module and freeipmi on the C3600 (running 3.11.2 at that time). Calling "check_ipmi_sensor -T Temperature -H localhost" reproducible caused a HPMC. There was no IPMI module loaded or even compiled on the machine so I think it has nothing to do with the crash reported above. I'll try if I can get some additional information on
monday.

I can reproduce this on the C8000, using both 3.11.6 and 3.12: if ipmi_devintf is not loaded the machine will die when nagios does the first IPMI check. Loading this module makes the machine survive. Sadly it seems that I have screwed up my serial setup so I don't have a backtrace of this.

Eike