Re: parisc debian kernel - missing modules for C8000 - linux-image-3.10-2-parisc64-smp

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 10:58:25PM +0200, Helge Deller wrote:
> Maybe section 4.5 (Chips et Coherency Issues) is relevant too: ?
> The Rage128 product revealed a weakness in some motherboard chipsets in that there is no mechanism to guarantee

but radeon is not r128, iirc.

My current state is:

- parisc AGP GART code writes IOMMU entries in the wrong byte order and
  doesn't add the coherency information SBA code adds

- our PCI BAR setup doesn't really work very well together with the Radeon
  DRM address setup. DRM will generate addresses, which are even outside
  of the connected LBA

I've hacked around both problems, but it doesn't solve the ring test
issue. I even bought an PCI Radeon card to rule out any AGP oddities,
but nothing new came out of the experiments with the PCI card.

I've started checking drivers/video/aty to see what it does with
acceleration and compare that with radeon DRM. The aty driver uses
an endian config bit DRM doesn't use, but I haven't tested whether
this makes a difference and how it is connected to the overall picture.

What I'm still wondering is whether radeon DRM really works on 64bit
big endian boxes. Is there any prove, that someone has it running ?
Is it running on any big endian boxes ?

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessarily a
good idea.                                                [ RFC1925, 2.3 ]