Re: Random crashes when calling git

John David Anglin wrote:
> On 27-Dec-12, at 4:42 AM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> > Any ideas?
>
> Try running the test under gdb.  Git has branched to location 0 causing
> a page fault.  We need a backtrace(s) to learn something useful.  There
> may be multiple backtraces (info thread).

This did not lead anywhere. I tried running the test only with strace, but
even that did not lead to any crash.

> Enable core dumps if not enabled.  Might find something useful by
> examining it (gdb -c core /usr/bin/git).
>
> Git uses threads.  I expect the problem is thread related since it
> doesn't
> happen all the time, and for that reason it might not be reproducible
> running under gdb..

I've put together the used git executable as well as 4 core dumps at
http://opensource.sf-tec.de/git-crash.tar.bz2

It would be nice if you could take a look and tell me if this gives you
anything.

Greetings,

Eike