Re: Random crashes when calling git

On 27-Dec-12, at 4:42 AM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:

Any ideas?

Try running the test under gdb.  Git has branched to location 0 causing
a page fault.  We need a backtrace(s) to learn something useful.  There
may be multiple backtraces (info thread).

Enable core dumps if not enabled.  Might find something useful by
examining it (gdb -c core /usr/bin/git).

Git uses threads. I expect the problem is thread related since it doesn't happen all the time, and for that reason it might not be reproducible running
under gdb..

You might try building git and running its testsuite.  I remember that
some thread related tests used to fail for me. I think it may be possible
to build git without pthread support.

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@xxxxxxxx