Re: futex wait failure

Not really, except that we gate immediately in the other code paths.
The gateway page is special in that processes are not supposed to get
scheduled off the page.

The branch might get interrupted, before the process get privileged?

That was the concern.  At worst, an unnecessary branch is eliminated.
It's clear that this doesn't fix the futex deadlock, but the timing of
the lws lock code has changed resulting in slightly different symptoms.

IIRC we had to move the gate in the regular syscall path earlier as well to fix some security problems before. I don't recall the exact details, but I seem to recall it had to do with using ptrace(SINGLESTEP).

randolph