Re: futex wait failure

On 12/28/2009 07:59 PM, John David Anglin wrote:
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

We are just like every other architecture... with the exception that
we currently have more bugs :-)

I have been looking at the lws implementation.  I've attached a patch
with a couple of tweaks:

The patch looks good.

1) I changed the unconditional branch at the entry point to a gate.
Didn't think it was a good idea to execute code at user priveledge.

Can you explain that?
The branch might get interrupted, before the process get privileged?

This seems to have improved things (got through a complete testsuite
run on gsyprf11 without a deadlock).

Good. I'll test too.

However, I hit a slightly different lockup on c3750.

Any info?

2) Change return space register to sr7.  sr3 is not set correctly
if the entry number is invalid.

Yep.

Have nasty suspicion that sr3 is getting hit...

Helge