Re: futex wait failure

> I think we need to step back from the edge and ask ourselves what
> Tcl_WaitForEvent() is trying to do with the locks.
>
> Do you know?

In unix/tclUnixNotify.c:

#ifdef TCL_THREADS
    /*
     * Place this thread on the list of interested threads, signal the
     * notifier thread, and wait for a response or a timeout.
     */

    Tcl_MutexLock(&notifierMutex);
#endif

#ifdef TCL_THREADS
    Tcl_MutexUnlock(&notifierMutex);
#endif /* TCL_THREADS */
    return 0;
}

There may be a timed wait while holding the lock.  Something is broken
in the tcl/expect handling of timed waits as there were a couple of
compile timeouts for compilations that shouldn't have timed out.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)