Re: 2.6.28-rcX in pretty bad shape on parisc

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Carlos O'Donell
<carlos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> The thread register has always been used to track thread specific
>>> information, even in linuxthreads.
>>>
>>> The syscall is __NR_futex.
>>>
>>> If you can produce a synthetic testcase that calls __NR_futex and
>>> crashes the kernel then we'll have something for the kernel hackers to
>>> look at?
>>
>> How long have futex's been used on hppa?  I guess we really need to try
>> run the glibc testsuite on a new kernel.
>
> The futex function has been available almost since futex's first appeared

I realized I didn't answer your question here.

The futex function should only be called when compiling glibc with nptl enabled.

Otherwise nothing in glibc should make futex calls.

Broken futex calls shouldn't crash the kernel.

Cheers,
Carlos.