Re: X won't start with VisEG and 2.6.22.19

Hi Dave,

This has been introduced in latest Xorg. When it modify the fb device,
Xorg query the kernel again to make sure changes are the expected ones.
Apparently, stifb doesn't return what it was expecting.

You'll find the Xorg code in hw/xfree86/fbdevhw/fbdevhw.c,
fbdevHWSetMode().

Cheers,
  Guy

--