Re: Booting recent mainline on omap5-uevm

Hi Paul,

>>> You don't need anything special as such. Just pull the latest mainline
>>> denx u-boot build it for 'omap5_uevm' and update your boot-loaders.
>>
>> FYI, I was able to boot using the branch posted by Santosh just fine. I
>> used v2013.07 u-boot. The boot traces show up about 30~45 seconds after
>> you see the trace "Starting kernel...".
>>
>> For using a rootfs from MMC, enable the following in menuconfig:
>>   Device Drivers -> Multifunction device drivers -> TI Palmas series chips
>>   Device Drivers -> Voltage and Current Regulator Support -> TI Palmas
>> PMIC regulators.
>>
>> Depending on your u-boot settings, make sure the mmcroot is also set to
>> /dev/mmcblk1p2.
>
> Hi Suman,
>
> Thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately, updating to v2013.07 u-boot, and
> enabling the kernel config items you mentioned, didn't make a difference.
>
> Could you share your boot.scr? I'm still using the one from the TI GLSDK,
> but maybe something has changed since the 3.8 kernel? Also, how do you
> build your kernel? I'm doing "make LOADADDR=0x80008000 uImage" because
> newer kernels won't build without the LOADADDR= bit.

I build the kernel same way as you, and copy the zImage to boot
partition. I am not using any boot.scr, a simple uEnv.txt to override
the boot partition variables, and the default environment otherwise.

My boot log is here, including my uEnv.txt at the end.
http://hastebin.com/yinuxirexu.xml

Hopefully, this should clear out any setup differences..

regards
Suman