Re: Multiple issues with omap4 panda es in linux next

Hi Tony,

On Monday 22 April 2013 11:33 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
* Kishon Vijay Abraham I <kishon@xxxxxx> [130422 01:46]:
Hi,

On Friday 19 April 2013 10:43 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
Hi all,

Here's a list of breakage I've noticed so far while trying to
use linux next on my pandaboard es. Probably similar issues exist
on other boards as well.

Ideally we would not have any breakage by the merge window, so
let's try to get these fixed ASAP:

1. Serial console broken on panda es booting with DT

The symptoms are dmesg output stopping after few lines
and only continuing after pressing a key. Does not seem to
happen on blaze with DT for some reason. And does not happen
on panda es with legacy booting.

2. MUSB fails with legacy booting and DT on panda es

With both legacy and DT booting I get something like:

HS USB OTG: no transceiver configured
musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.0.auto: musb_init_controller failed with status -517

The dt should work fine with https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2423061/.

OK thanks for checking that.

But non-dt has got a real issue. We were using usb_bind_phy() for
binding the controller with the PHY (we use device names). But in
linux-next the device names have changed because of using
PLATFORM_DEVID_AUTO. We can modify the usb_bind_phy() calls to use
the new device names, But I suspect the device names can change
again. Not sure what we can do here :-(

Let's do a minimal fix for v3.10. Then we'll make omap4 DT only for
v3.11 and that problem is solved for good.

Have posted a patch https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2475521/ for getting MUSB functional in omap4 panda.

Thanks
Kishon