Re: omap DSS fails with tft410 driver panel?

Hi Tomi,

Thanks for your answer.

2012/10/12 Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@xxxxxx>:
> On 2012-10-11 18:58, Enric Balletbo Serra wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I see that commit dac8eb5f (OMAPDSS: TFP410: rename dvi files to
>> tfp410) and commit 2e6f2ee7 (OMAPDSS: TFP410: rename dvi -> tfp410)
>> changes the panel driver used on some boards. I tested current
>> linux-next-20101011 kernel with my IGEPv2 board and DSS fails with
>> following error (see http://pastebin.com/VjPGCQDt for full log) :
>>
>>    [   21.222808] omapdss OVERLAY error: check_overlay: paddr cannot be 0
>>    [   21.229583] omapdss OVERLAY error: check_overlay: paddr cannot be 0
>>    [   21.236236] omapfb omapfb: setup_plane failed
>>
>> Before checking what happens there is a known issue with this ?
>
> Works fine for me, although only with a quite minimal test environment.

I tried with a minimal environment (without X) and I don't see the
error, so looks you've reason and the problem is with my userspace
application (X). OTOH, I don't see the video output. I remember that
this worked before, but seems now is broken. I'll check mux and others
hints to try to solve the problem ..

> Looking at the log, it looks to me that your userspace is trying to
> configure the overlays, and that somehow leads to the driver getting
> zero as the fb address.
>
> I'm guessing that some wrong value is passed when configuring, or
> missing some step in configuring. However, It should be the omapfb that
> rejects configuration that would lead to paddr == 0, not omapdss, so
> there's definitely bug in the error handling of omapfb.
>
> Can you tell me more what's going on there? I presume the error happens
> when booting? What userspace component is using omapfb in your setup? X?

Yes, the error occurs while booting, and the rootfs tries to load X server.

> If you can, put some debug prints into omapfb-ioctl.c:omapfb_setup_plane
> to see what code path it takes, and where it goes wrong.

First I'll try to get video output without X, then, if you want I can
debug this problem if you think it's interesting.

Regards,
    Enric