Re: L2 cache stability workaround for 4460 ES1.0

On 04/02/2012 10:38 AM, Shilimkar, Santosh wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Roger Quadros <rogerq@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Santosh,
>>
>> I came across the attached patch from you. I also came across this post
>> stating that it was decided not to send this patch upstream.
>>
>> http://www.digipedia.pl/usenet/thread/18885/8437/#post8496
>>
>> The problem is that we have to keep porting this patch each time we
>> update the kernel.
>>
>> Do you know if the root cause has been found? If not can we have this
>> patch upstream till the root cause is found?
>>
> Yes and fixed in OMAP4460 ES1.2.

Did you mean ES1.1?

Could you please point me to the errata ID? The only cache related
errata I can see is Errata ID: i690

>> It seems the patch at least makes the kernel usable on ES1.0.
>>
> I know but that still is not enough. It's like 80 % WA of the issue
> seen on ES1.0. We are not suppose to have many boards with
> ES1.0

Even better if there are not many boards. It seems most of the boards
will be with TI. I think we should have the fix in even if it is not
100% fix.

What do you say?

regards,
-roger