Re: OMAP34xx

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 03:03:19PM -0800, Kevin Hilman wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> >> It would look to me like they are queued for 3.4 but Kevin says there
> >> were intended for 3.3-rc.
> >
> > Kevin might have wished they would go into 3.3, but given that the first
> > round of these patches had to be reverted, I thought it safer to wait
> > for 3.4.
>
> Sorry for the churn on these, but I guess we weren't expecting you to
> apply the first before it got some testing/acks.  Sorry about that.

Don't send me anything, saying it needs to get into the -rc merge
window, that you don't actually want to see merged.  Otherwise, how long
am I supposed to know to wait?  That's just looney.

> The version you have currently queued is needed for v3.3 as they fix
> brokenness on v3.3.  Any chance they can be applied queued for 3.3?
> We'll have another set of enhancements on top of those that are
> targetted for v3.4, but those you have queued currently are defintely
> fixes.

At this point in the release cycle, I would prefer to wait.

But, after they go into Linus's tree for the 3.4-rc1 merge, send the git
commit ids of the patches to stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and they can get
merged to the 3.3.y tree to make things better there.

thanks,

greg k-h