Re: [RFC 1/1] omap3: PM: MPU and CORE should stay awake if there is CAM domain ACTIVE

Hi Jean,

Thanks for you quick reply.

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 12:06:37PM +0100, Jean Pihet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Sakari Ailus <sakari.ailus@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > MPU and CORE should stay awake if there is CAM domain ACTIVE. This is
> > because that module doesn't have wake-up capability.
> >
> > The original patch was written by Jouni Högander in 2008 and this is the
> > last part left of it which is not in upstream yet.
> >
> > I wonder if the approach taken in the patch is valid these days;
> > nevertheless it seems to do the job...
> The code in the function omap3_enter_idle_bm from
> arch/arm/mach-omap2/cpuidle34xx.c is doing exactly the same thing: it
> is choosing the cpuidle safe_state if the CAM power domain is active.
>
> Please note that this only works if CPU_IDLE is selected, which is
> needed to reach any decent low power mode.

I didn't have CONFIG_CPU_IDLE selected --- it works if I enable it. But
still it should work even if it's disabled I guess.

Kind regards,

--
Sakari Ailus
e-mail: sakari.ailus@xxxxxx	jabber/XMPP/Gmail: sailus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx