Re: Setting OMAP DSS fck

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:

> Why is it that the rate of DSS functional clock (dss_dss_clk on OMAP4)
> cannot be set, but we need to get the parent of the fck, and set the
> rate of that? The same is on OMAP3.
>
> From driver's perspective I think this only makes things more complex,
> as the driver is not interested in the parent, only about the dss fck.

Yeah, I agree.  We've talked about implementing rate changes that
percolate up to some higher point in the clock tree, but have never gotten
around to it due to other, higher priorities.  And now the common clock
discussion has reduced the desire to do much OMAP-specific implementation
of this stuff.

Another (related) problem is that the driver probably needs to know the
ranges of the possible values that can be set.

- Paul