Re: Regressions for older OMAP3503 silicon

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Dave Hylands <dhylands@xxxxxxxxx> [111004 23:41]:

>> I then also had to modify drivers/mmc/card/block.c and initializing
>> disable_multi to 1 in the mmc_blk_issue_rw_rq function to get rid of
>> the following messages for every I/O request.
>>
>> mmcblk0: retrying using single block read
>> mmcblk0: retrying using single block read
>> mmcblk0: retrying using single block read
>> mmcblk0: retrying using single block read
>>
>> (since this revision of the silicon doesn't support multi-block MMC reads).
>
> ..but this one is usually a problem muxing the MMC data lines.
>
> Are you sure this revision only supports one data line?

No, I think you misunderstood the issue!

The issue is that multi-block mmc reads are broken and the code falls
back to single block reads but prints a warning each time.

Looking for a definitive source for this errata with Google I find:

"According to the TI docs, multiple block read transfer
does not work correctly in CPU revisions 2.1 and earlier (TI advisory
2.1.1.128)."

So the correct fix is probably to use multi-block reads only on
revisions post 2.1.

Steve