Re: Regressions for older OMAP3503 silicon

On Wed, 5 Oct 2011, Tony Lindgren wrote:

> * Dave Hylands <dhylands@xxxxxxxxx> [111004 23:41]:
>
> > I then also had to modify drivers/mmc/card/block.c and initializing
> > disable_multi to 1 in the mmc_blk_issue_rw_rq function to get rid of
> > the following messages for every I/O request.
> >
> > mmcblk0: retrying using single block read
> > mmcblk0: retrying using single block read
> > mmcblk0: retrying using single block read
> > mmcblk0: retrying using single block read
> >
> > (since this revision of the silicon doesn't support multi-block MMC reads).
>
> ..but this one is usually a problem muxing the MMC data lines.
>
> Are you sure this revision only supports one data line?

Just as a data point, the MMC/SD/SDIO chapter of the OMAP35x TRM rev U
(SPRUF98U, available from http://www.ti.com/litv/pdf/spruf98u ) mentions
multiple block transfers quite often, so it seems likely that the IP block
does support it.  It would be pretty surprising if the OMAP35x chips
didn't use the same MMC IP block as the OMAP34xx chips.

- Paul