Re: Integration branch base switchover to Tony's omap-for-linus branch

On 3/8/2011 4:16 PM, Shilimkar, Santosh wrote:
Paul,
-----Original Message-----
From: Santosh Shilimkar [mailto:santosh.shilimkar@xxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 10:14 PM
To: Rajendra Nayak
Cc: linux-omap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Benoit Cousson; Paul Walmsley
Subject: RE: Integration branch base switchover to Tony's omap-for-
linus branch

  [....]

Some more debugging by the Hardware team and analyzing
the register dumps showed that the I2C_WE register of the i2c
modules needs to be programmed correctly for i2c wakeups to
function as expected.
This turned out to be the root cause for the i2c issues observed
by clearing the staticdeps and a patch has been posted
to address this...
http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=129924557219813&w=2

Also some more testing showed up a lockup in suspend on OMAP4
which I
could narrow down to a similar case with GPT1. Either keeping
the
staticdep between MPU and L4_WKUP _or_ forcing GPT1 to use
software
idle control seems to help.

This however is still not rootcaused and is not the same as the
issue
seen with i2c as the WE for GPT1 is already programmed for
enabling
wakeup.

The one way to fix this for now is to put GPT1 block in software
controlled idle as was done by your test patch for i2c.

I tried all the floating patches for static dependency. It did
worked when CPU RET was tried but with MPU OFF I see the hang.

Below is the global hack I have which works as expected for
all cases.

Thanks to Rajendra for isolating the OMAP4 MPU OFF issue
with static dependency series. The issue is isolated
to MPU<->  EMIF clock dependency.  There issue appears
if we clear this static dependency.

I have posted a patch to work-around this issue till its
being root-caused with help of hardware team so that
OMAP4 PM series continue to work.

'OMAP4: PM: Set static dependency between MPUSS and EMIF'
http://www.listware.net/201103/linux-omap/2628-patch-omap4-pm-set-static-d
ependency-between-mpuss-and-emif.html

Cool, so the timer1 fix is not longer needed?

Benoit