Re: Nokia CBUS code

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:12:07PM +0100, Michael Büsch wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 13:05 +0200, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> > > That probably is a major effort, as it needs a rewrite in some parts,
> > > but I'm certainly interested in getting it mainlined, because I'm
> > > currently developing a driver on top of it.
> >
> > We're almost there actually. Retu is in great shape and tahvo is a lot
> > simpler, but it still needs help. Probably porting the changes I made on
> > retu would be the way to go.
>
> Ok, that's pretty cool. I'll try to port this to OpenWRT, soon,
> to check how it works.
>

> On another issue: Did you try tahvo-usb recently?

Nope :-(

> I was trying it with the OpenWRT cbus codebase (which is some months
> old) and I couldn't get it to work. It would always crash with
> some weird NULL pointer accesses and stuff like this. I was wondering
> if the omap-tree tahvo code would actually work on the USB device.

It's been a long time since I tested that part of the code. My n810
actually died :-( so Tony has been testing my patches.

But hey, if you get a NULL pointer with linux-omap's code, then please
let us know about it. Give us whatever information you can give us and
we will work together on fixing it ;-)

--
balbi