Re: Enabling TPS65950 / TWL4030 Real-time clock functions

Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson <at> mac.com> writes:

> Hi Santosh,
>
> On Aug 3, 2009, at 9:46 AM, Shilimkar, Santosh wrote:
>

> > Not sure whether I got your question correctly. The software driver
> > you already know. Are you asking where to plug the backup battery on
> > hardware pins?
> > I don't have Gumstix Overo hardware but if above is your question
> > and schematics are available then it can be traced.
>
> The TPS65950 is on the gumstix overo motherboard, and no schematics
> are available for that part. I'll take a look at the TPS65950
> datasheet and see if any of the pins are available on the gumstix
> Palo43 expansion board, for the battery. I do recall them saying that
> battery functions were disabled for safety reasons.
>
> In any case, thanks for your help in pointing me to the correct rtc
> driver!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Elvis
>
> --
> the body of a message to majordomo <at> vger.kernel.org

hi there,

if you measure the pin 'Vbackup' after power on the overo, you will see the
voltage is 3.1V. That means battery backup pin has been enabled in the new
kernel. here is the link which shows how to use coin cell battery to support the
internal real time clock.

http://studyard.blogspot.com/2010/12/battery-backup-for-on-overo-board-rtc.html

cheers