Re: State of LDP3430 platform

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 12:38:46PM -0700, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2011, Tony Lindgren wrote:
>
> > * Paul Walmsley <paul@xxxxxxxxx> [101207 19:30]:
> > > On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> > >
> > > Regarding the watchdog problem, unfortunately, I can't reproduce on the
> > > BeagleBoard with v2.6.37-rc5 with either omap2plus_defconfig or
> > > omap2plus_defconfig without CONFIG_WATCHDOG.  If you send along your
> > > .config, one of us can try to reproduce the problem with it.  Do the
> > > 2.6.38 hwmod and wdt patchsets fix the problem for .38, at least?
> >
> > I've been seeing this on my omap4 panda. While debugging it, I left
> > u-boot console only running for a few minutes to see if that stays up.
> > It did.. And after doing that somehow now my panda boots all the way
> > and stays up. Weird.
>
> Hmmm, do you think the watchdog is what's killing it?  I don't think
> leaving u-boot running would affect that?

Right, well, the LDP3430 (and probably all OMAP) is broken by my
init_sched_clock() changes because I gave up with testing on OMAP
platforms.

Why does OMAP initialize its clock sources soo late, outside of
the timer initialization?  This means you have no counter in place
(except for the jiffies counter) during early boot.

Is there a reason why OMAP uniquely does this?