Thermal issues with OMAP35x on Logic Torpedo module

The OMAP3530 I-temp can run the core at up to 90 degrees C, but we have concerns in using the part in industrial environments (where process loading is unpredictable) that the temp may rise past that point. I understand external heat sinks can be used to help mitigate the problem but not all applications can use such.

What I'd like to do is to use the core CONTROL_TEMP_SENSOR to monitor core temperature and if it rises too high, throttle the OPP point to slow it down enough to keep it cool - and restore the OPP point if it cools down enough, using hysteresis to prevent oscillation of the OPP point while operating near the extremes.

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can best implement such in the latest kernel?

Thanks in advance!

--
Peter Barada
peter.barada@xxxxxxxxxxx