em28xx driver for omap - right shift

I have been trying to use an usb video capturer on my overo board, and id
idn't work, all that I got was a blank (actually green on SDL) picture.

After some digging I found that there was a problem in the initialization
of the device, wich was solved applying the foolowing patch to
em28xx-core.c

diff em28xx-core_old.c em28xx-core.c
778c778
< 		height >>= norm_maxh(dev);
---
> 		height >>= 1;

Some time in the past, there was a patch to add support for interlaced
video that replaced the ancient code

	height = norm_maxh(dev) >> 1;

with

	height = norm_maxh(dev);
	[..some code..]
	if (!dev->progressive)
		height >>= norm_maxh(dev);

Surprisingly on my desktop computer this code is working. When
norm_maxh(dev) = 576, the shift to the right does not change the value of
height, ie:
height = 576;
height>>=height;
printf("%i\n",height);

returns 576

However, if I compile for arm, the code returns 0

Could you confirm that this is right? (maybe I'm breaking something else)

Once this change is applied, the video is shown ok (at least for a while,
but I thinnk this is another issue)