RE: [RFC] ETM/JTAG components states across OFF modes

Hi Alex,

Do you have a web viewable git tree where your full patch is applied? Or could you send me on the side files?

Main bit I was looking to check was that you have bug fix which came late in my original hack where a failed OFF mode needs to unlock the coresight registers at the fall through of WFI.

> I've finally got around to doing this. This is a rework of the previously
> posted [1] patch that implements ETM and JTAG context saving. There are
> two major changes since previous version:
>   * coresight OS save/restore mechanism is used for saving the ETM context,
>     so that it actually occupies ~54 words on omap3_arm_context instead of
>     128;

Seems you found some nice optimization.  I was thinking first patch was doing this in part.  You read from a port address and it gives you internal registers as necessary. You written them back to port for restore.

I came up with context size simply by inspecting # of times loop was necessary and looking at values written to save areas.  I assume you would have done something similar to determine size.

>   * a sysfs file is used to control if the ETM/JTAG context should be saved
>     in OFF mode.

Neat.  This is much more friendly then a recompile.

Regards,
Richard W.